Sanding the faded surface

I was in need of a small piece of Maple today and thought I had a piece leaning against the wall from another project. I needed it to have a fresh surface on it so I sent it through the drum sander a couple of times and while the darker surface lightened up considerably it still had this reddish brown cast to it. Regardless of how many passes it made through the sander that piece of Cherry was not going to turn into Maple.

Ok, how many of you have done this? :~)

Reply to
Leon

I, for one, have no idea what you're talking about. ;-)

Reply to
ROY!