Sanding small peices of wood

Hello,
How do you sand small, more or less flat peices of wood (such as a 4" * 1/2" * 1/8" peice) on the "flat" side? the problem that I am having is that I can not hold the peice properly in order to sand it.. what tricks are you using?
thanks, cyrille
Add pictures here
✖
cyrille de brébisson wrote:

When I was building models, I'd either hold a sanding block in a vise, or use PSA paper on a flat surface. I would then use my finger tips to move the work back and forth on the sand paper. Friction tape on the finger tips can help.
Friction tape: <http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p1213&cat=1,42207>
Barry
Add pictures here
✖
Lay them on a piece of sandpaper (to keep them somewhat stationary) and use a 1/4 pad sander. If that doesn't work well enough for you, consider double faced tape to hold them down.
David
cyrille de brébisson wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:48:21 GMT, "cyrille de brébisson"

I use a piece of that rubber mesh stuff that you use to line tool box drawers.. usually black and in small rolls..
It grips the work and also allows the dust to sift through the pores/openings..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
✖
A piece of high density carpet pad works well, too, and cutoffs/castoffs can usually be had for nothing from an installer/distributor...
Add pictures here
✖
I use a Vacuum Clamp for this type of stuff. I couldn't think of a better way. Works a treat! http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/vacclamp.htm
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 70 woodworking product reviews online! WIN! A Bosch 18v Cordless Drill. Submit your entry today! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps - Sherwood Lathe Copy Attachment - Ryobi Right Angle Drill - Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer - Ryobi 18v Cordless Jigsaw - Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction ------------------------------------------------------------

1/2"
Add pictures here
✖