Sander Advice

Well - somebody ripped off my Bosch Random Orbit sander as wellas my makita palm sander. I -was pretty happy with both tools - but before I replace them I thought I'd see if anyone wants to push me in another direction. Also - the ryobi detail sander I have is worthless. All of the vibration is in the handle - not int he head where it should be. Is there a good detail sander out there.
Many thanks for any thoughts.
Porter Cable for random orbit. Model 333 on sale for $47 at Home Depot through today.
Brian.

Thanks, Tony D
I bought 2 of them at Lowes yesterday. Great sanders, except for the flaky 5 holes.
OP was right about Ryobi; it vibrates much worse than PC and sands half as fast. POS.

I like my Bosch ROSs, but for a palm, can't beat the PC speedblock.

Thanks for all the advice - I think I'll go with the PC ROS - can't beat the price - that way I can spend $ on the Fein. I think I'll stick with the Makita palm.
Thanks again guys
Peter -
I've had and burned out a couple of Makita ROS and I love them. As for a detail sander, STAY AWAY from the Porter Cable one with a mess of rubber profiles. The damn thing ain't worth a plugged nickel and it isn't heavy enough to hold your boat in place.
I'd stick with a Bosch and the Makita, if they served you well...
John

Have to agree with John about the Porter Cable detail sander. Bought one for a fairly large project I had going on refurbing a bunch of cabinet doors and that sucker was useless. Took it back and picked up the Dremel and it worked just fine and still does. The Fein is a nice one also but a bit pricey.
Bob S.