Sandeply at HD

Home Depot sells a plywood they call Sandeply (I think). I have used it for jigs and interior projects because it is cheaper than birch and nicer than regular ply. My son's Scout troop is looking to make some new chuck boxes (they are used to hold food and cooking utensils while camping). My question isthis, does anyone know anything about the glue that is used in this plywood? The boxes will be finished inside and out and are not intended to sit out in the rain, although I'm sure they will get wet at some point. Will the glue hold up to this type of use? Would hate to build them and have the ply start to delaminate on us. Thanks for any input.
Oswin
Big Red Oscar asks:

Check here: http://www.sandeply.com /
Charlie Self "If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin." Charles Darwin
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

I guess I'll have to visit HD myself if I want to know what this stuff is. That link takes you to a site for Columbia Forest Products. Lots of plywood info, but no sandeply. Tried their "site search" button - no results. Maybe they need a new URL.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

My troop has 4 boxes made of the cheapest possible 1/2" plywood. These have held up since they were made sometime in the mid 60's. There has been a little warpage of the doors, some really ugly paint jobs, and missing interior items, but no de-lamination of the plywood.
Other than the weight of these things, I often wonder if it's only the paint holding it together.
Keys to long-lasting construction: good overcoats of primer, paint, varnish.
Good luck, vic
I have had a piece of cdx 1/2 inch plywood in the back of my truck as a "liner" for four years and it is dented, black with weathering but it is still solid. It has had firewood thrown on it, carried fieldstones, and been exposed to all sorts of other indignities. No primer, no paint! The way to test plywood for waterproof glue is to boil a piece in water for a few minutes! Dave
says...