Sandeply at HD

Home Depot sells a plywood they call Sandeply (I think). I have used it for jigs and interior projects because it is cheaper than birch and nicer than regular ply. My son's Scout troop is looking to make some new chuck boxes (they are used to hold food and cooking utensils while camping). My question isthis, does anyone know anything about the glue that is used in this plywood? The boxes will be finished inside and out and are not intended to sit out in the rain, although I'm sure they will get wet at some point. Will the glue hold up to this type of use? Would hate to build them and have the ply start to delaminate on us. Thanks for any input.

Oswin

Reply to
Bigredoscar

Big Red Oscar asks:

Check here:

Self "If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin." Charles Darwin

Reply to
Charlie Self

My troop has 4 boxes made of the cheapest possible 1/2" plywood. These have held up since they were made sometime in the mid 60's. There has been a little warpage of the doors, some really ugly paint jobs, and missing interior items, but no de-lamination of the plywood.

Other than the weight of these things, I often wonder if it's only the paint holding it together.

Keys to long-lasting construction: good overcoats of primer, paint, varnish.

Good luck, vic

Reply to
Victor Radin

Reply to
Dave W

is. That link takes you to a site for Columbia Forest Products. Lots of plywood info, but no sandeply. Tried their "site search" button - no results. Maybe they need a new URL.

Reply to
Larry Kraus