Samona powersonic router bits

Does anyone here have any experience with Samona powersonic router bits. Samona is a canadian tool importer. Their prices are incredable. I am looking for a 3 1/2" cove panel raising bit with back cutter and a freud cost over $200.00 and it does not have a bearing between the cutters. The Samona cost $35.00 and does have the bearing.

mark

Which do you think?

Reply to
Toller

Neither. It's a 3 1/2" chunk of crap, mounted on a 1/4" shaft. No magic, no theft: crap. You might get 6' of lineal cutting from it..

Reply to
Robatoy

cost. Way too much especially for a Freud. Typically you can get top quality between $75-$125.

You ABSOLUTELY want a 1/2" shaft on a bit that large. If the Samona has the

1/2" shaft and you only plan to use it 1 time it might be worth the gamble. Otherwise look here,
for a better than average bit with back cutter on sale for $79.
Reply to
Leon

Samona is new to me, went there....couldn't find prices. What did i miss. Their toggle clamps had a chart of dims of the clamps, but didn't say what part of the clamp that dim went to....I'm missing what??

Reply to
Rick Samuel

I am getting it through my local Home Hardware. It is a Canadian hardware/ lumber yard chain. They have a special order book but they stock some basic Samona bits as well. I assumed they were 1/2" shaft and I will have to check on that. I agree if they are not then they are garbage.

Reply to
mark

I am talking canadian dollars. I priced the freud at 3 different retailers. I like that panel raising bit with the interchangable inserts at the bottom of your link. For us canadians it is not worth ordering from the US when you factor in the exchange rate, extra shipping cost, duty and brockerage fees.

Reply to
mark

The brokerage fee is a non issue. Yu pay it because you want to. If you want to avoid it, make sure that the package is sent USPS. The private carriers invented brokerage fees to screw more money out of Canadians.

Reply to
CW

I checked into it and they do have a 1/2" shaft

Reply to
mark

Reply to
Doug Schultz

I went to the website and looked in their flyers and all I could find were Samona router bits.

Reply to
mark