safety device

Did you ever have to stop your bandsaw to pull a small piece of wood out of the throat? Here's something that you can make in 10 minutes out of a scrap piece of oak that may save you a finger or two, besides eliminating that shutoff. No gluing is necessary, just cut it out of one piece of wood.

edswoods.1

I made a zero-clearance insert for my bandsaw. Prevents anything but dust/curlies from getting through the table. When I need to move something away from the area near the blade, any old semi-pointy stick works fine.

I do like the idea of bandsawing large forceps, though. You might send that in to one of the magazines, and see if they'll send you some cash for the tip. Andy

Reply to
Andy

I wish I coud get a zero clearance insert to work for me. When I'm cutting small shapes with tight curves, a small but solid wedge-shaped piece always manages to jam into the side of the blade, almost stopping it. Ed

Reply to
edswoods.1