Ryobi TR30U trim router bit frozen

Tech support says bit ran hot and is stuck in the collet. They suggested WD-40 to free or provide to service center. WD-40 doesn't seem to help free it and service center is in Nebraska and we're in Georgia. Used infrequently but is very handy when it is used. Suggestions welcomed!
nospambob wrote...

Bits get stuck in PC trimmer collets, too. A few good whacks, er.. I meant ~gentle taps~, on the collet nut with the wrench oughta do it. If not, remove the collet with the stuck bit, drill a 5/32" hole through a piece of oak, insert the end of the bit in the hole, and tap the bit out from the back of the collet with a drift pin punch.
-- Timothy Juvenal www.rude-tone.com/work.htm

I find tapping on the bit itself with the collet wrench will loosen a sticky bit. Make sure you are tapping on the bit body and not the carbide edge.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company