Ryobi BT3100 Belt Drive Table Saw Clearance $199 at Home Depot !

Saw this posted over on fatwallet. Looks to be a pretty good deal if you are in the market for one.
Update. Some HDs have this saw for 199 on clearance. Thanks ryanscott6
Was at my HD and saw the BT3100 for 300 less 50 MIR (says from manufacturer util Jan 1/4/06 for purchase.) Rebate coupons are on a pad attached to the display model.
MODEL BT3100 SKU 348-281
Throw a coupon at this and it'll be a really sweet deal.
This is a great saw. Cuts like butter. Belt drive makes it smooth as silk.
Ryobi t/s? DAGS on that and see if you want to sink the bucks into it. I'll pass.
BTDT I'll never go back -- thats still too much$. Butter is about all it'll cut.
Darwin

Or the 8/4 Maple, Oak, etc. that I run through mine. Any of you guys ever hear of Sharp blades? :o)
DAC wrote:

Thats a crock of crap. I've cut all manner of stuff with mine and not been the least bit unhappy with it. John
Sure, it's no cabinet saw, but I'd put its power up against any other saw with a universal motor. Put a decent blade in it (which is has out of the box, btw, a Freud combo if I'm not mistaken) and it does well. I've ripped 2x4s the wide side (the 4x side, not the 2x side), without a hiccup.
How many other universal saws you know of that'll cut something over 4" in height?
What would you change on it while keeping it's cost under $300?
It's not the cat's meow, I realize, but for its market niche and price, it's a fine saw.
H.
ditto. JG
hylourgos wrote:

I read somewhere that Freud designed the original blade for the BT3000. It was awesome out of the box!

Is the Ryobi BT3100 clearance price widespread? My local HomeDepot (St. Louis, MO) still has them at $299 (minus $50 rebate). Their website is the same.
Thanks, *Michael
According to the posters over at Fat Wallet it is nationwide. They are reporting that the sticker reads $299 but it rings up at the cash register for $199. Here are couple of links for more info:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=0&catid &threadidT8683
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid 3580&postid=0#post0

Ryobi BT3100K review - http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/ryobiBT3100K.htm