ryobi bench grinder color

The ryobi reps just put out the latest 6" grinder when I was at the store. The color is not my favorite. A bright lime green or the like. The led light is nice. I think the price was $30-40 but maybe add $4-5 for a can of spray paint.
I only noticed since I had just walked down the aisle minutes before and the dark blue grinder was displayed.
If you do do self checkout and buy spray paint the system sets off alarms to show an id. If there's no one there though I just continued checkout and no problems.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 08:22:56 -0800

Laughing at my own self I didn't know that color was their signature color. I realized it when I looked at their site today.
The plastic case that the forstner bits is clear and that green. I think I got a good deal on these bits for $17.
If I had brain cells I would have negotiated with the reps on buying the previous dark blu grinder at a greatly reduced price. Wonder where they sell those
On 1/15/2015 10:37 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

Ryobi "may" have a few colors to identify product grade.
Makita has blue and a white. The blue is the better of the two colors.
On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 11:40:05 AM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

Is it possible that your lack of brain cells has something to do with the aforementioned spray paint? ;-)
On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 13:10:45 -0600

Could be, I didn't notice the price of the grinder they took off display. The green ones were cheap, I think he said without the light it was $29.
On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 11:43:34 -0800 (PST)

More likely I don't need a grinder right now so didn't think of it until later and I don't know how well they'd last
So no spraying needed this time
On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 12:51:30 AM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

It appears that you may have missed my poor attempt at humor. That might be due to differences in how/where we grew up.
I never participated in this particular spray-paint related pastime, but I had some acquaintances that did:
http://www.drugrehab.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Huffing-A-Dangerous-Trend-For-Teens.jpg
On Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:31:13 -0800 (PST)

yes I got that, it wasn't bad
I discovered I own exactly one ryobi tool, it's a sander with a triangle head. haven't used it in a while but it's blue.
I think I might try to put a blade on it and make it into a multitool thing.
On 1/16/2015 2:49 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

I had IIRC the original bench top planer, the Ryobi AP10. That was a damn fine machine. It is a shame that Ryobi went the Black & Decker route. IIRC I bought it in 1988.
On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 10:38:15 -0600
> I had IIRC the original bench top planer, the Ryobi AP10. That was a

It's all a damn shame from top-to-bottom
The ryobi reps at the store really put the hard sell if they corner you. I got a good chuckle
I looked at the current ryobi planer offering a bad joke