router wobble

I got a dewalt625ek 1/2" router (Uk) last year and the bit wobbles as it slows down Dewalt say its normal what do you lot think I thought a router spindle should run true its been in three times know.

Normal... hmm... I don't think so. I mean there may be a slight wobble, but certainly nothing that can be easily seen by the eye. Have you got the router bit inserted almost all the way into the collet?
I'd be asking for a replacement.
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 5 Reviews: - Veritas Shelf Drilling Jig - Ryobi CID1802V 18v Cordless Drill - Workshop Essentials Under $30 - Festool PS 300 Jigsaws - Delta Universal Tenoning Jig ------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe normal for a DeWalt router (I don't like yellow tools) but not on my Ryobi, Bosch, PC or even Crapsman routers. Check your bit placement in the chuck, maybe borrow another router (some other color then yellow) and use the same bit see if it wobbles.

Just got it back and it does look better now. When they tried it with a new one they said the new one was the same and that my one was ok when running. Only way I can think to test it is to run a groove in something and measure it. Here in the UK this model has always been the daddy, the one to have from back when it was ELU but its the first DeWaltdisney tool I have bought and I have no confidence in it. I know people with dewalt jigsaws that are so bad they cut sideways.

Very interesting question. My experience: Wobble easily seen with large cutters in many routers; no stranger to this router tech. ********** http://www.patwarner.com (Routers)