Router top

I'm planning to use my workmate bench to support a 3/4 MDF 36"x36" router top when in use, off when its not. Would I have to double the thickness? The top and bottom will be Formica and sides would have wood trim. The reason for 36" square is to fit the Inrca jig on there when needed. I'll show pictures when its done.
TIA
"noreaster" wrote:

If you add a couple of cleats on the bottom side, say 8"x12"x3/4", you will be able to use the workmate like a vice to clamp the cleats and hold the top in place.
Have fun.
Lew
noreaster wrote:

Workmate's going to be kind of low for a router table. I'd build a box frame underneath it to bring the height up and clamp that to the Workmate using the dogs that come with it. That should also provide enough bracing that 3/4 should be sufficient.
--John