Router table help please!

Hi all, my son is at a welding course at college and has to have a project to make so I suggested he make me a simple router table, has anyone here any ideas for a plan or something that could get him started?
--
Regards Ron...........

Sat, Sep 13, 2003, 6:27pm (EDT+5) r.fraser.remove snipped-for-privacy@obvious.ntlworld.com (Twixer) says: Hi all, my son is at a welding course at college and has to have a project to make so I suggested he make me a simple router table, has anyone here any ideas for a plan or something that could get him started?
First off, I wouldn't make a router table from anything but wood. Next, you obviously haven't done any searching. Loads of metalworking sites out there, with loads of plans - free plans - even more if you want to pay. Hell, if you want him weld something up for you, have him make you a trailer to haul wood with - this is a woodworking newsgroup.
If nothing else, he can just weld a batch of scrap together, and call it art. Lots of people doing that, and some asking high bucks for it. A few even get paid high bucks. As far as I've seen tho, I wouldn't pay anything more than scrap value for 99.999999% of it.
JOAT If Pro means 'For' and Con means 'Against', you can safely say the opposite of 'Pro' is 'Con'. Can we then assume that the opposite of 'Progress' is 'Congress'? - Unknown
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 13 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

There's a nifty mailbox I saw somewhere that someone had made by welding together assorted car bits. It was a sort of man/car hybrid looking thing with the mailbox in its belly. I'd pay more than scrap value for that thing if I could get someone to haul it over here. Let's see you little punk bastards run over THIS sucker!
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 02:02:47 -0400, Silvan

That's when they start breaking out the M-80's or filling the indestructible box with dead gophers or eggs. DAMHIKT.
--- -If thy poster offends thee, *PLONK* it out.- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry Jaques wrote:

Gack. Well, at least it wasn't dead skunks.
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:42:47 +0000, Larry Jaques wrote:

Some teenage demolition experts offed the neighbors mailbox with a plastic coke bottle containing dry ice and a little water. Apparently, quickly screwing on the cap, sliding the bottle into the mailbox, closing the mailbox door is the current technique. I thought the neighbors HW heater had blown up by the sound of the explosion. The mailbox door came across the street and bounced off my house, and the dismembered mailbox body took about 30 seconds to come back down.
-Doug
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:00:34 GMT, "Doug Winterburn"

The little brats are getting more and more deadly, wot?
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. --- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:03:33 -0400, Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

This occurred several years ago, and it was the police who explained the means of destruction and hinted that they knew the culprits. Never did hear of any action being taken, but from the sound and destruction, someone could have definitely been injured or killed if in the wrong spot at the right time.
-Doug
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:12:18 -0400, Silvan

Ditto here. Film at 11, I hope?
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. --- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
My first job, some 45 years ago, was selling sweets and ice creams on the Manly Ferry (Sydney, Australia). A favourite occupation, when things were quiet, was to put a little dry ice and water into a glass bottle and chuck them overboard. Made a nice little explosion - but of course I was only 13 then. A very dangerous practice if done on dry land.
David
Doug Winterburn wrote:

CW wrote:

Any other keywords to zero in on some particular thread you had in mind? Hundreds of returns, but nothing really jumping out at me.
Didn't start off as a question for a router table ???
D.Martin
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:22:45 -0400, Silvan

Mailbox baseball. I believe that was it. About the longest thread I've seen on here.

All thanks to Edwin.... ; )
--
Regards Ron...........
"Twixer" <r.fraser.remove snipped-for-privacy@obvious.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
Mon, Sep 15, 2003, 8:12pm snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) claims: Know where I can get some dry ice? I'd blow my *own* mailbox to smithereens just to see that. Sounds cool!
Get the timing wrong and blow your hand to smithereens. Not so cool.
JOAT Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 15 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

Since you had to go and get all practical and stuff, I guess not.