Router for a table

Bought a used Fein RT1800 to mount under a table and now have a sick feeling that it may not work very well for that. It just doesn't have much reach. At what distance (tabletop to collet) do you declare the situation hopeless? Thanks.

When that distance is greater than you can accomodate with one of these?
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 074
John

As John mentioned, the Xtreme Xtension does as it says and extends the reach of your router bits through the table. I have a Hitachi M12V mounted on a 3/8" piece of plexiglass in my router table. I bought a Router Raizer and an Xtreme Xtension and am quite happy with both purchases. I can change bits and raise and lower the router all from above. I had some doubts about the Xtreme Xtensions capability to hold bits without slipping but I'm happy to say it has worked flawlessly from day one. I use both 1/2" and 1/4" shank bits with no problems. Happy woodworking.
Dale

Ok, that looks like a solution. I feel rather stupid though. I could have bought a new Triton for the price of this used Fein plus an expensive extender. How many big routers need add-ons to work in a table? I would have thought that any manufacturer of a big router would give consideration to table usage. It seems a bit kooky to me. Thanks.