Router bit pilot bearings sources???

OK, where do you guys go for same? To my surprise local bearing house can't source the miniatures...
1/4"ID x 5/8"OD x 3/16"D -- laminate router trim guide bearing

Huh? They can't order from McMaster, MSC, or Grainger??

Doesn't sound like that should be too hard to find at a place like Woodcraft or Rockler. Looking at Whiteside's catalog (www. whitesiderouterbits.com) it appears that you need a B6, although the catalog doesn't specify the thickness of the bearing. Woodcraft sells Whiteside bits, they should be able to special-order the bearing for you.
This might work -- it's 0.196" (5mm) thick instead of 0.1875" (3/16), though. http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-Miniature-Ball-Bearing-1ZEH1

I've ordered from these people before and they ship quickly.
Larry

#261 http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/orderstatus/html/smarthtml/pages/bushing_ball_bearings.html
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:24:20 PM UTC-6, dpb wrote:

Is this an individual bit you bought or from a set? The last two sets I bought (Woodcraft, Grizzly) had 2 or 3 spares under the plastic storage holder in the box.
RonB
On 1/11/2013 9:22 AM, RonB wrote:

It's a one-off...no spares. Not bad thought, tho, thanks.
I ended up w/ a 10-pk supposedly fully-sealed from the VXB outfit--had seem them before but hadn't tried 'em. They're only half the price of the others so we'll see if they hold up for router use. I'm only doing intermittent stuff any more anyway, though so the batch will probably outlast my lifetime even if wouldn't last a week when doing real heavy work...
I'll let the wrec know what I think after a while (assuming I can remember that long :) )...
On 1/10/2013 5:24 PM, dpb wrote:

OK, thanks...the VXB report on is good -- always seems a crapshoot when haven't used a particular site/vendor. They've got a 10-pk w/ minimal shipping that keeps a unit price down to reasonable. The problem w/ the MLCS, Woodcraft, etc., is that the shipping cost on small items is just hard to stomach even though it's (relatively) small absolute value. That's back to the discussion not terribly long ago of the psychology of shipping being over or nearly as much as the item just being an unpalatable experience.
As for the local distributor, if they're going to have to use McM or Grainger or somesuch, I can do that as easily and cheaper than it'll be by the time they pass on their markups...if their internal supply chain doesn't have access, then there's no advantage at all.
Unfortunately, the problem in small market is the distributors are set up for the primary users and here that's oilpatch or ag and not large enough population base for anybody to handle ww'ing stuff, etc., other than the small home building supply (DoIt Best outlet) or an Ace hardware.

Here's a source for your bearing, the exact size you've quoted above. http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?p0124&cat=1,46168,69435,46180&ap=1
dpb wrote:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-NEW-R4-ZZ-PREMIUM-ABEC-3-QUALITY-BEARINGS-/390333672978?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae1b32e12