Router Beading Bits (UK)

Why are these so damned expensive? They can't cost THAT much more to engineer, can they? I look in Axminster, Screwfix, MachineMart, etc., etc. and there's nothing under 25 and some go up to like 60 - just for one bit. You see whole sets of ovolo, straight, ogee, roundover, chamfer, etc. going for like 30 but not one beading bit is included. Can't even find them on ebay! I'd like to add a little more fizz to some of the things I do but not at 50 per bit.
FoggyTown
Why are these so damned expensive? They can't cost THAT much more to engineer, can they? I look in Axminster, Screwfix, MachineMart, etc., etc. and there's nothing under 25 and some go up to like 60 - just for one bit. You see whole sets of ovolo, straight, ogee, roundover, chamfer, etc. going for like 30 but not one beading bit is included. Can't even find them on ebay! I'd like to add a little more fizz to some of the things I do but not at 50 per bit.
FoggyTown
Like much in life, it doesn't matter how much it costs to engineer something, it's how much you can buy it for that counts. Thus, 25 - 50 for a bit is not unreasonable if the job can't be done for less. Glib cod philosophy I know, but true. My personal take is that putting 5 bits in a c. 300 router is a bit like running a McClaren SLK on remoulds. Good bits are expensive, but cost it out against ready made mouldings and even the most expensive bits start to look like something of a a bargain. Dial in the fact that good bits can professional resharpening many times for a very reasonable price and even a 50 bit will soon have paid for itself. Try the Trend Craftsman range (the green coloured ones) for a good price vs. quality trade off.

sorry for the dodgy formatting, there was some sort of OE screw up there. Poor grammar, missing words and spelling were all my own work though.
Have a look at Rutlands (http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psDept.cgi?Router%20Cutters ), they have a range of Face Moulding Bits and Crown Moulding Bits from 19.99
Much more affordable to the hobbyist....
Graham