Roundover radius size?

I'm making some laminate kitchen countertops and need to know which router bit roundover size to use. The bull-nose section of the countertop needs to be a full wrap-around style (a near perfect half circle. I'll be making these coutertops from standard 3/4 particle board. I'm not sure which router bit I need to buy, I've tried the

1/2" radius roundover bit but it was too small. Should I get the 3/4" radius roundover bit or a 1"?

Like this pic

HandyGuy

Well the picture shows a radius of 5/8, really not sure what to say from here, you have all the information you need.

Reply to
TaskMule

errmmm... are you stacking two layers of of 3/4 or 11/16? Either way..are you going to heat the laminate or trying your luck with postform grade? Even with postform (thin) grade laminate, you are going to have rough time doing that radius over any length. I suggest you buy it already postformed. Won't be much more than buying the laminate, particle board, contact adhesive, brushes/rollers, router bit,...all that for a job that you really need a post-form machine for.

Most countertop places will lay up any laminate you want. Between 10 and 12 dollars per lineal foot? 15 max?

What were your plans for the back splash?

I am not trying to discourage you....actually.. I am.

0¿0

Rob

Reply to
Robatoy

Few pieces of scrap timber, block plane, plane a few samples up by hand and see what you like, then measure the radius.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

On 25 Feb 2005 20:49:00 -0800, the inscrutable "HandyGuy" spake:

Bullnose thickness of 1-1/2" gives you a 3/4" radius for a smooth curve. Be sure to set it up on scrap so you get the edge you want and avoid ridges.

--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -

Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques