Roundover bits

I purchased a kit of roundover bits from a woodworking store that contains four bits of 1/8, 1/4,3/8,1/2 radius. When I put them in my router, do I rout in just one pass or do I drop the depth a little at a time each pass? How do I know when to stop dropping the depth of cut?
thanks, Dimitri
In rec.woodworking snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dimit94844) wrote:

I roundover in one pass except for the 1/2" on something want a really fine finish on, then I'd use a pass about 3/4 of the way there and a final pass. You stop dropping the cut when the bottom of the roundover bit is flush with the router base. Any more and you'll leave a small edge that must be sanded off.
For smaller round overs like those, I usually do one pass with a backup piece to minimize chipout...
Brian.

four
in
There are several methods. I like to make two passes, using 1/8" hardboard clamped to the fence or table. That way there is no need to screw with the router height (in the router table), and the multiple pass is repeatable with more stock. Use a scrap piece to test the cut.