Rolling Drill Press Cart

Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.

So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to what I'm looking for?

Thank You, Rick

Reply to
Scaramouche

I'll post my cabinet on abpw. It is 3/4" birch plywood, 4" casters. No plans, just a tape measure and winged it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thank you. I'll search for it.

Reply to
Scaramouche

I kept a drill press on a base made from one pedestal of drawers from an old steel office desk. it weighed a ton and had plenty of space in it for storage of drill press stuff.

Reply to
bridger

Reply to
Gene T

Try this, Mount a piece of 3/4 plywood to the top of a small roll around tool box from Sears (or wherever you want). Mount the drill press to the plywood. My brother-in-law loves it.

Dave

TeamCasa

Look up in your library catalog for:

Building Woodshop Workstations by Danny Proulx.

There is something there you can use. If your library system hasn't the book, use the WorldNet search that checks outside the local library system. There is an inter-library checkout system. I've checked out woodworking books from as far as 3,000 miles away from Calif.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

sturdy enough. The Delta 12" DP is pretty heavy.

Regards, Rick

Reply to
Scaramouche

I think it would be a great idea.

Considering the weight of the tools I have in several of those boxes, the 12" DP would be nothing.

You can get one for under $75 until tomorrow.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I'll check them out tonight at Sears. Thank you.

Regards, Rick

Reply to
Scaramouche

Don't forget the plywood between the metal top & DP. This will spread the weight to the sides. The cabinets are designed to have other cabinets stacked on top, so the distributed weight of the tool shouldn't be a problem at all.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y