Rolling Drill Press Cart

Looking to build the above for my Delta 12" drill press.
So far I've found nothing worthwhile through the net. Can anyone suggest some link(s) where I might find some free plans on-line specific to what I'm looking for?
Thank You, Rick

I'll post my cabinet on abpw. It is 3/4" birch plywood, 4" casters. No plans, just a tape measure and winged it.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Thank you. I'll search for it.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:58:36 GMT, Scaramouche

I kept a drill press on a base made from one pedestal of drawers from an old steel office desk. it weighed a ton and had plenty of space in it for storage of drill press stuff.
I would watch the Sears ads for a rolling tool cabinet on sale. Last week they had one with I believe 4 drawers for around $59.00. That's less than the material cost of building one with nice plywood. Gene

Try this, Mount a piece of 3/4 plywood to the top of a small roll around tool box from Sears (or wherever you want). Mount the drill press to the plywood. My brother-in-law loves it.
Dave

TeamCasa wrote:

I've thought about that in past, but was always afraid they weren't sturdy enough. The Delta 12" DP is pretty heavy.
Regards, Rick
Scaramouche wrote:

I think it would be a great idea.
Considering the weight of the tools I have in several of those boxes, the 12" DP would be nothing.
You can get one for under $75 until tomorrow.
Barry
B a r r y wrote:

I'll check them out tonight at Sears. Thank you.
Regards, Rick
Scaramouche wrote:

Don't forget the plywood between the metal top & DP. This will spread the weight to the sides. The cabinets are designed to have other cabinets stacked on top, so the distributed weight of the tool shouldn't be a problem at all.
Barry
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:58:36 GMT, Scaramouche

Look up in your library catalog for:
Building Woodshop Workstations by Danny Proulx.
There is something there you can use. If your library system hasn't the book, use the WorldNet search that checks outside the local library system. There is an inter-library checkout system. I've checked out woodworking books from as far as 3,000 miles away from Calif.
Thunder