ROLL TOP DESK

you can't say anything nice about someone, you must be talking about Hilary Clinton.

Reply to
J T

Amazing! I seem to have that exact same desk as shown in that picture. I forget the name that was stamped inside it now, but it was circa 1940's per the serial number, and pulled from an alley when we lived in Chgo. It was all busted up and had last been used in the service station where it was thrown out; they set a tranmsission on it and it finally collapsed on them one day , so out it went. The roll part wasn't with it; it had been removed and put up on a wall in the shop. They gave me that piece too but I had to pay $25 for it. It was too messed up for a real antique refurb, so I modified it, removed the sides, rebraced/remade/glued/reglued/replaced/sanded/refinished it into a useful computer desk. I'm sitting at it as I write this. I've been offered as much as $1200 for it the summer I was working on it in the garage, by a scraper just driving by who noticed it. No sale; it's for posterity, I told him.

Memories ...

Pop

Reply to
Pop