Robland

Does anyone have experience of Robland planer thicknessers - and the service Robland supply in the UK? What is the best 12 inch machine for around 1000 gbp?

Cheers

John

Reply to
gg

I've got the Robland X31 combi which has the 12 inch planer/joiner/ horizontal boring/mortiser. 3 knife cutter headeats wood nicely and with light passes a nice finish.

Don't know about service acrossed the pond but in the USA, the sole source is Laguna Tools. Although their customer service is improving their "manual" for the X31 SUCKS! I had to make a run up to the Robland factory in Brugge Belgium to see how the units are set up at the factory. Then, with the help of members of the Yahoo Robland X31 group, put together a set of set up instructions.

With a separate planer'jointer the set up will be a lot easier than the combi which also has a saw and shaper. Everything's inter related so changing anything affects other things.

Here's the url to the Yahoo Robland X31 group - about 300 members

's the url to the set up instructions (all one line so watch the line wrap
's the Robland crew setting up 6 euro models of the x31
you have further technical questions feel free to e-mail them to me

charlie b snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com

Reply to
charlie b