RJ33 Replacement Chuck. Help Please!

Well I got the Darn thing off. I had a runout problem on a Ryobi DP100. Took the chuck of using a lawnmower blade:) and the Chuck is marked RJ33-18L
I cant find any RJ33 chucks on the net? I see JT33 all over the place though. Are they the same?

Google tells all...
http://tinyurl.com/3f2gc
MSgeek wrote:

Typical tapers on machines are:
JT - Jacobs Taper (named after the drill chuck maker but adapted/adopted by just about everyone)
MT - Morse Taper (longer tapers used on drill presses and lathes)
Brown and Sharp (again after the company/used on milling machines)
L-00 or L00 (a taper with a key seat milled in)
R-8 (short self-releasing taper used on milling machines)

Do the Ryobi folks just mighta wanted to loft themselves up to the higher heights and have their own taper? This could be it's a scheme to be proprietary? A combination of Ryobi and Jacobs? Could the 18 be a "threads per inch/TPI" designation? Quite the puzzler, eh?
I do have to ask, what/is the problem with buying a new one from Ryobi?
UA100, who also went a Web searching and came up with tobacco links...
Because the reason most generic DPs have bad runout is from the generic OEM chucks.
GTO(John)

Exactly!

OEM