Rikon 14" Bandsaw - Opinions?

Anyone here have/use a Rikon 14" Bandsaw? They have one at my local woodcraft store and it looks nice enough for a fixed head saw, just wondered about the real world. Is it something like a Bridgewood or a poor man's Laguna?

BTW, I have no need/interest in 12" resaw capability.

Reply to
captmikey

That's a shame. I like my 18" Rikon.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Reply to
John

So how about why you like the Rikon other your resaw capability? C'mon, you gotta give me more than that :)!

How would you stack up the build quality compared to the popular brands like Delta, Griz, Jet, and PM? Break it down to a few highlights.

Reply to
captmikey

I found it well built... solid and powerful. Changing blades is easier than others in its class (according to Fine Woodworking... this is the only one I ever used myself so I can't judge). Its table is larger than most others in its class and has a good fence included. And then there's that resaw capacity...

Frankly, to beat it I think you'd have to spring for the Laguna at three times the price.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN