Resurection of B&D sawcat

I have a 20 year old sawcat, commercial grade circular saw, that has been one heck of a worker. Great power, light and maneuverable, electric brake, tough as nails. I have framed up several buildings with it, dropped it off roofs, etc. with only cords needing to be replaced... until now.
It has been idle since I used it 3 years ago and the metal bracket for the depth adjustment busted leaving me with no depth control. Bummer.
I know zip about metal repair and tried a "liquid metal" product to no avail.
Is something this small a candidate for a welding repair? Or is there another alternative?
I took it in to the local Black and Decker factory shop and the guy just laughed.
I have another circular saw but I hate to put this one down.
Any ideas for saving it would be appreciated.
RonT
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ron Truitt) wrote:

You could try these guys:
http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-bin/tpbrand.cgi/34/blackdecker