resawing bandsaw blade TPI

Every review, tape, and discussion I've read on resawing with a 14" bandsaw recommends a 3TPI, 1/2" blade.
Except David Marks. I watched his shop tour show today, and he recommended a 6 tpi blade, and then proceeded to resaw a piece of figured koa about 8" wide.
Has anyone here done a comparison of different blades for this sort of application?
    -- Andy Barss
Andrew Barss wrote:

The way I heard it, it was at least six teeth biting the wood at a time. More than that and you have to slow down or risk clogging the gullets and warming the blade.
So if you just work more slowly you're probably ok.
On a 14" bandsaw you might have to do that anyway, because it'll have a 1 or 1-1/2hp motor and a dense wood'll demand it.
er
--
email not valid

That's the one. It's taking out the trash that counts. Easier with fewer teeth, but if the saw's a monster and the wood's not wet or stringy, finer blades make finer cuts. The real controversy is whether hook or skip patterns are best....