repairing a split 2 x 4?

I am in the process of making a wooden "T" dolly out of treated 2x4's that will support up to 160 pounds. In the process of installing lag bolts which will anchor the "T" together, I seem to have split the wood in one place around the anchor bolts. I drilled pilot holes in both pieces, but I don't think the holes were quite deep enough in the split piece. I'm hoping there is a way I can just glue or even clamp the split or area around the split and the strength will be maintained. In fact, I have placed a stainless clamp around the split area temporarily. Will this clamp be sufficient, should I glue it, or ?. I'd appreciate any suggestions in this regard.
Thanks, Alfred

which
don't
this
I understand the desire to fix rather than start over but, I don't think any repair will be permanent. I would get another 2 x 4 and drill the correct size pilot holes.
Good luck with you project - Bob McBreen
A new 2x4 is three bucks. How difficult would it be to just replace it?

which
don't
this
"bob" wrote > A new 2x4 is three bucks. How difficult would it be to just replace it?

Three bucks for a two x four?? Is it hardwood? I pay about $1.50 for mine at the borg.
Joe
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:48:57 GMT, "Alfred Wails"

Mostly peoples in this condition would replace the buggered tubafour but, assuming that ye've got a bit o'time inda piece, ya could spread out some yeller carpenter's glue and clamp it up fer a spell - no harm done.
I think you guys are all right. So, tonight I went to Home Depot and picked up a replacement piece along with the extra long drill pilot bit I'll need. Tomorrow, hopefully, everything will go ok.
Al

which
don't
this