Removing oil from oak chair seat

Hi I am refinishing an oak chair that someone else started and didn't finish 4 years ago. They had removed the varnish finish, but since then oil was deposited on the bare wood. Any ideas on how to get the oil out? My first idea was to wash it off with gasoline. Ed
--
"We intend to live happily together forever, so far, so good"

DON'T EVER USE GASOLINE AS A CLEANER!
Try brake cleaner from your friendly auto parts store. Keep this stuff off of your skin as it's a very good degreaser.
--
Rumpty

Gasoline has additives in it that you probably don't want on your chair. Some of them may be carcinogenic.
I'd use mineral spirits or naptha. And I'd test it on the bottom where it won't show.

Thanks guys Exactly what I wanted to know Ed

... and dry it with a match. Yup, that'll work! -j