Refinished a table for a neighbor

I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday. I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat. From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me. The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.
Glad my wife saw it and said I would do it over for them. The woman was going to paint it, which would have been a shame.
http://imgur.com/a/sASn3
--
Jeff

On 5/24/2016 11:35 AM, woodchucker wrote:

Masterfully done, Jeff!
And, you saved some beautiful wood from a terrible fate. Painting QSO is more egregious than painting cherry.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

took a good look at your pictures, from one end to the other. Very, very nice job. Great that you restored it saving it from paint that probably would have had it tossed into the trash in less than a year.
I wouldn't be surprised but that turns into a good advertising piece.
On Tue, 24 May 2016 12:35:25 -0400

did you trace out the leg contours so you could make one like that
a nice looking table in any wood
On 5/24/2016 3:05 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

No, I wasn't thrilled with the design, only the wood. It felt too delicate. the bottom shelf was held on with screw eyes.
I would have doweled and glued them.
--
Jeff

On 5/24/2016 11:35 AM, woodchucker wrote:

You did GOOD!
On 5/24/2016 12:35 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Yeah, that curly grain does not hold paint well. Contact paper should work.
I'm sure she appreciated it.
On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 6:22:30 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Congratulations, that looks great! Good job.

Hell, yeah! I am still laughing at that one.
Robert
On 05/24/2016 11:35 AM, woodchucker wrote:

The identical table is sitting in our entry SWMBO drug in from somewhere. It's in far worse shape than that one started out at and isn't even oak as a redeeming feature. I've not been able to get enough of a vibe off it to even replace the top with something presentable...

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 11:35:30 AM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:

Looks great to me. It's all impressive. Good job.
Sonny
woodchucker wrote:

Great job! Is that actually your shop? If so, it's too neat and clean. You should sprinkle some shavings around before you make any more pictures.
--
GW Ross

Do fish get thirsty?
On 5/25/2016 9:31 AM, G. Ross wrote:

Thanks everyone. My shop looks like a mess usually. I try to keep my workbenches clear, but at times (during a project) I lose the battle. Then I clean up so I can repeat. I hate it when the bench is full and I can't put work down.. so I try ... to avoid it.
Actually my floors had enough shavings recently that it started being a problem. I have to use a dust pan or shovel when it gets that deep.
But I sweep, I have a floor sweep in the machine room, would like to add one to my hand shop.
--
Jeff