Red Cedar, Sources in SF Bay Area.

I am looking for some rough 8/4, and 4/4 Western Red Cedar for a set of Gates I am building. Most of what I need would 6 inches wide with about 8 linear feet being 8 inch wide. total required is just under 100bd.ft, it needs to be clear.
Any ideas on good suppliers of Western Red Cedar in the SF/San Jose bay area.
UCS308 wrote:

In San Jose I found:
Southern Lumber Co 1402 Monterey Hwy, San Jose 297-9663
Plywood & Lumber Sales Inc 442 N 4th St, San Jose 288-7257
Squires Lumber & Fence 809 N 13th St, San Jose 971-9663
The last time I was in SJ Southern Lumber took pretty good care of my wood needs - good enough care that I'd suggest calling them first (Other than as a past customer I have no connection.)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA
Morris Dovey wrote:

If you're in SF proper, there are others - including a few like Caldwell's on Bayshore Blvd who sell used lumber (might save you some money if you're going to paint it anyway)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

[snip]
Southern does not sell Red Cedar.

These guys don't stock it. But can order it.

I'll give these guys a try.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:05:00 -0700, UCS308 wrote

I've heard good things about: Van Arsdale-Harris Lumber Co, Brisbane, CA
a mention at http://tinyurl.com/2946k :
Brisbane: Van Arsdale Harris is around Sierra Point. They seem to specialize in very large slabs of wood, some local. A place to get Port Orford cedar, Alaskan spruce, etc. in lengths up to 24 feet or so. Has probably been in business for 100 years.
Van Arsdale-Harris Lumber Co 595 Tunnel Ave Brisbane, CA 94005 415-467-8711