Recessed door, European hinges?

I'm making a cabinet with no face frame and inset doors, and would like to recess the doors about 1/4" from the front edges of the cabinet top, sides, and bottom.

Can I use European hinges made for inset doors? If so, all of them, or some of them?

Thanks! -- George

Reply to
geo_bosw

"geo_bosw" wrote in news:G5eqd.51043$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Yes, you can. In fact, that was today's project for me. My door is inset back about 3/4".

I used Rockler/Blum Hinge Clip Top 120 degree Snap Closing Inset hinge, Rockler part # 55809. These use a 35mm cup system. There are, naturally, others. The Rockler store had about 6 variations, with display doors. (Just don't expect to buy the on-special KBodies..;-)

The wall mounted shelf had been designed to have a drawer in it, and LOML decided that she would rather have an open cubbyhole. I hadn't designed the inside to be 'presentable' from a joinery perspective, and so the in- process change was to a top-mounted swing up door.

The things we do for love...

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch