Reasonbly priced biscuit jointer and dovetail fixtures?

I don't expect to use these more than a few times a year so I really don't want to spend $150 on them. Yet I realize that the stuff at Harbor Freight won't give reliable results.
What are good compromises between quality and price? I don't care if they take a little longer to set up or adjust, but they have to give solid joints.
Thanx.
I don't really think you can cut too much on the biscuit jointer as you get what you pay for. I had a Skill and didn't think that liked using biscuit jointers. Then, I used a friends Makita and it was a world of difference. I own one now and use biscuits as much as possible. You might try the Stots dovetail master regarding your dovetail problem. I had one and it gave great joints, however making the jigs was time consuming. It's reasonabaly priced and you might want to consider it.
www.stots.com
Don

Freight
Very interesting; I don't think I would have taken them seriously if you hadn't recommended them. How durable are the jigs? I wouldn't want to keep making them over and over.

don't
they
You make them once from the template that you purchase. They are made of 3/4 material and fairly stout- I used BORG type shelving material. The downside is that it takes time to set it up, the up side is that the jigs are quite handy once done and can be used in a vice like the traditional sence or on a router table. I recommend using a bandsaw to take out the majority of the material you are using for the template part of the jig becuase you can wear out a bit pretty quick routing out the amount of mdf that is necessary. It does make nice joints when finally made and configured.
Don