Re: Workmate Mods

I don't have any modifications but do have Sketchup plans to build you own Work Mate type bench. I can e-mail if you like.

Duck tape to keep on the the rubber leg ends.
Luigi
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:42:17 -0800 (PST), Luigi Zanasi

divotts and gouges, if those count as mods.
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:42:17 -0800 (PST), Luigi Zanasi

My Workmate's rubber leg tips are long gone, then I finally sold the thing at the last garage sale. I used the Workmate very little after building a real workbench, but I can understand the portability of the Workmate is very good. ;)
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:28:00 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

Didn't someone on the group modify theirs into a two piece system?
;-)
On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 23:06:49 -0500, the infamous dhall987

O'Deen!
Now please stop replying to the toomanytwinkiestroll.
-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw

The first thing I did after I brought mine home from an auction was to hose it down. Since I did it after-market, maybe that qualifies as a mod? I was the only bidder and I paid $5 (in retrospect, I probably could have got it for $2). Who would have thought that no one except me wanted it? It paid for itself on it's first task. Who knows, maybe it will work as a sharpening stand (until I build a dedicated sharpening stand or planer stand as a "practice project" for my workbench). Come on snow...MELT!
<Go Colts!!!>
Bill
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

If you can find Pat Olguin, he has a bang-up mod that he did several years ago. Bing search for Odeen workmutt, that should get you close.

Rob Leatham

I went looking for this article, but Klownhammer seems to have disappeared. Did the Cable get it?
Roy

The Workmate history is also interesting. http://books.google.com/books?id=MNZprtnqT3wC&pg=PA210#v=onepage&q=&f=false

The rest of the book is pretty good, too. Almost a little too informative -- deciding which features to include in the "perfect" bench is daunting, though there are some nice measured drawings in the appendix.
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:26:48 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

When Google starts working again, plug in "workmate parts" for a shitload of hits. A couple of the places I spot checked had parts for many models.
Regards, Roy