Re: Wood Screw Choice

After visiting the website and seeing the screws, it is no wonder. These are the woodmasters from pan american. They have the doggone serrated threads.
They go through wood like the proverbial "hot knife through butter". I also ordered some and had them in just a couple of days. These are some kick-a** screws!
Look at this picture of 'em - http://www.quikdrawers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id &5 , you can see why they chew up the wood.
Art
Art Dekko wrote:

They look very similar to the german Spax screws, which also have serrated threads and the external ones are available prelubed.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&p@555&cat=3,41306,41315
Chris
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:30:20 -0600, Chris Friesen

...yeah, I bought some Spax screws through McFeely's awhile back and they work reeeeeeeal good. Looks like the same technology...
cg