Re: What do they call a radial arm saw that has 2 arms?

    Greetings and salutations...

    That would be a "turret arm" saw. I have one, actually, and, although as with any other RAS, it can really bite a person that is incautious, that construction is really solid and really handy. Here is a link to a place selling the saw... http://simplest-shop.com/Delta,33,890,12,Radial,Arm,Saw--1-228278-B00002234Z-0-tools-product.html     Regards     Dave Mundt
I worked with one of these that was much bigger with 14 or 16 inch blade. Dave, you are correct about being cautious, your standing position is very important when using one of these monsters.
D.Martin
snipped-for-privacy@esper.com (Dave Mundt) wrote in message wrote:

http://simplest-shop.com/Delta,33,890,12,Radial,Arm,Saw--1-228278-B00002234Z-0-tools-product.html
Many thanks for that advise, now I'm a little scared. I got to think about this a little. My grandson would be on it as well. This all of a sudden puts a little different light on the saw. At least I have a name for it now, and I can explain it properly what I am (maybe was) looking for. Many thanks to you all........This is a great group..........Peter
wrote:

don't know

two arms in

cross. I

for
http://simplest-shop.com/Delta,33,890,12,Radial,Arm,Saw--1-228278-B00002234Z-0-tools-product.html
    Greetings and Salutations...

    Well, interestingly enough, Norm may have HAD it first, but, the one I own was built before NYW was broadcast...so might be older than his.     I like mine a lot, but, i would not feel comfortable with letting kids use it...but then, I would not feel comfortable letting kids use ANY RAS. It is too much power, and, too exposed, for anything but a cautious and attentive adult to use.     Regards     Dave Mundt

Broken?
--------------------------------------------------- I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol. --------------------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Refreshing Graphic Design
Yep, that is an old redstar/Rockwell model. I own one of those also. Mine is a 16". One of the unique features of the redstar design is the lack of a swivel joint on the carriage for ripping. On the 10" models the turret arm rotates 90 degrees and the whole turret moves in and out for ripping. (how well does the slide between the turret arm and the upper arm work?) Mine does not have this upper slide instead the whole table can be cranked in and out. I wasn't very happy with this feature at first but I have found it does a remarkable job of maintaining it's accuracy when the table is moved.

Do you mean the kind that has a smaller pivoting arm under the main one? I don't know any special name for them, but it's one of Delta's famous products.
GTO(John)

I have a Delta Multiplex 20-A radial saw which I bought new in 1952. It is a wonderful tool and I use it for everything one would use a table saw for.
Fred

products.
know
in