Re: The Grizzly Experience

Jet is owned by the WMH Tool Group as is Powermatic, Wilton, and Performax. I find it interesting that you've had a good experience with their customer service. I bought a Powermatic 23 shaper (new) a few years ago (definitely less than 7) and had the very unfortunate experience of being told when I tried to buy the router collet adapters for it that they weren't available (thought federal law required parts availability for seven years after discontinuance of a product...this damn thing was a NEW model when I bought it). The only good thing I have to say about Powermatic customer service is that they DID tell me the machine was made by Rexon and MAYBE I could find some other importer who had the collet adapters. Based on MY experience, I know four brands that I'll never buy again. (To date, I've had very good luck with my Delta machines with none of them, drill press, table saw, and band saw needing any service or parts and I've always been able to easily acquire any accessory I've wanted, usually locally.)

Here is how Jet would have handled the problem, Throw that bender in the > trash and we will send you another. It actually happened, I purchased a new > 17" drill press, the best I could get the chuck aligned was .013, called Jet > the lady said no problem and a new one would be sent to me that day, and > apoligized for the inconvenience. > > Todd Pierce > >
Reply to
George

I now buy all my tools by credit card. That way, I can withold payment if there is a problem.

Here is what I've found:

Grizzly was very nice. MiniMax superlative. Felder willprobably never need any customer service, but they sure know what they are doing Delta was terrible with their DJ-15. The tables would not align, they wouldn't send anyone, they wouldn't help me do it myself, haorrible. So I never bought Delta again.

It is a shame that these machines don't come perfect out of the box, but we are all human. Felder did send their's perfectly, and you pay for that level of perfection of course. The rest, well we all screw up, like our woodworking. It's how we fix our mistakes that shows what we are about. If we actually improve what we screwed up, we've done better. MiniMax did that; Grizzly did that with me (on a smaller scale though). Delta basically told me to **** myself. So no Delta for me.

Reply to
DarylRos

And that's about the only way you can get justice from some companies, but it still doesn't matter to them.

snip >Delta basically told me to ****

Reply to
Thomas Mitchell