Re: The dark secret of power tools

Must be a Mass. Democrat thing. They'll probably find a way to tax it to.
There is a lot to be said for natural selection.
--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods
Andy Dingley wrote:

Let's just tax or make everything licensed. Just about anything can kill or mame you. This country would rather make a law for everything so they won't be responsible for anything. This way, instead of taking responsibility for their own stupidity they will have someone to sue.
Man alive. SOMEBODY has a lot of extra time on their hands.
-JBB

Did anyone happen to notice that this is a joke or am I taking the post here to serious?

Big deal. It's the oxygen dihydride that'll kill you, if you breathe too much of it.

I *think* it's a joke, but after perusing the site I confess I'm not sure...
If you back up a level, you find that the content of the site belongs to one W. Earl Allen, a proclaimed Libertarian.
A google search <http://www.google.com/search?q rl+allen+libertarian> suggests he is for real.
So, I'm thinking that a Libertarian, who is against gun control, hosting the site in question...
Joke?
Have a look at this page: <http://www.allmax.com/MILT/drill_vv.html and note the signature at the bottom of the letter to Citibank...
;-)
djb
--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green

I didn't get that far, but recognized the firearms arguments immediately...
djb
--
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Snip
My cousin worked for a paper mill and somehow, somewhere, somebody discovered that the pH of the drinking water was elevated. A big deal was made of this in the local media, and a city council was convened to address the issue. My cousin, as an engineer, attended this meeting to state the case of the paper company. When he got to the council meeting, there was a crowd of people out front of the council chambers carrying signs and shouting, "NO P-H! NO P-H!"
Apparently, these folks wanted no pH whatsoever in their water (insert ecliptical here).
Also, a friend of mine worked as a dispatcher for a local sherriff's dept and there was a chemical spill, a sulfur compound that happens to be the same stuff they put in natural gas to give it that distictive odor. A sample call to the SD that night: "PR County SD."
"I smell natural gas! There's a gas leak!"
"Actually, ma'am, what you smell is sulfur dioxide (or whatever), a harmless gas. Natural gas is odorless, and that's the stuff they put in it so that you can smell it. Everything's fine, but we appreciate the call."
"No, it smells just like gas!"
How do you argue with that?
-Phil Crow
Check out the book section.