Re: Science is starting to understand "Dimensions!" -

nonsense

So why did you re-post the entire thing?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Well, not exactly.

The development of human knowledge has taken us from the "sophisticated, enlightened" view of the universe made up of our flat earth, surrounded by the Heavenly Orbs, the atom as the smallest, undivisible particle, and humans as the pinnacle of "God's" "creation" - to - the realization that Earth is merely a sphericalesque little dot in an unemag- inably huge universe made up of "things" that the word "particles" is inadequate to describe and matter and energy are merely different manifestatins of the same thing - the Zen "Everything is Everything" What that "thing" IS remains to be discovered.

Physicists and mathematicians go search for IT one way and philosophers another. String Theory, which requires 11 "dimensions" offers an explanation of many currently unexplainable "things".

Hindu mythology has one that describes what sounds disturbingly like The Big Bang. So much so that Oppenheimer quoted from it upon seeing the first nuclear "detonation" "I am Shiva, the come death, destroyer of worlds . . ."

The recent images from Hubble (sp?) show us the other end of this "thing" - the creation of stars.

We've much to learn. It would be wise not to rule out anything at this point.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Yeah, but when the bortle piffels, we will all be in dort. (again)

Reply to
John

Well said, charlie.

Reply to
Zz Yzx

What an amazing discovery. From my dimension I can see two identical posts at the same time!

Reply to
Humanid

It's a Quarks Thing. If you look carefully, you'll see that their spins are opposite of each other.

Newbies!

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

bzzzt! Sorry, but thanks for playing "I'm a physicist for today". We have some nice parting gifts, you might want to try the Mobius sidewalk to place in front of your house. Science may be starting to understand dimensions, but you obviously are having a hard time understanding science.

The existence of Aether, or, in less colloquial English, "ether" was disproved in the early 20'th century by the Michelson-Morley experiment. Absolute zero is a bit difficult to attain (can get close, but not equal), and a Faraday cage has nothing to do with an absolute vacuum nor lead shielding. As others have pointed out, mass approaches infinity as velocity approaches the speed of light, thus requiring infinite force to achieve the acceleration required to achieve the speed of light -- but, that should be a piece o' cake if you've got something to achieve absolute zero.

... snip. If you got that part wrong, the conclusions that follow are of less worth than male bovine excrement.

Mark & Juanita