Re: rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 3 of 10 - Tool Maintenance

Luigi Zanasi wrote:

This is wholly DANGEROUS and inaccurate advice, Luigi! Someone might get poked in the eye with a copper wire. It's much safer just to give your entire body a positive charge by putting an extension cord up your ass (arse, Andy) and plugging it straight in. This will make the sawdust fly right off, and it's invigorating too.
Silvan wrote:

[snip of foolishness]

Jeeeeeeeeeezz, Silvan. I'm beginning to think you actually read this whole damn thing. (Or that least the first three chapters.) You really need to get out more, or at least talk to SWMBO about tool usage.     mahalo,     jo4hn :-)
jo4hn wrote:

It's the end of the quarter, time for a ton of paperwork. I've been playing a lot of solitaire and Wrecking off as much as possible. ;)
Silvan wrote:

-- Mark
Mark Jerde wrote:

Top 10 Signs You're Spending Too Much Time Wrecking Off:
10. You dial in to check for new posts more than once an hour.
9. When you meet new people, you greet them with the question "Normite or Neander?"
8. You've actually googled back to see when your first post was.
7. You bid on that Ryobi router table just so you might win it, obliterate it, and post the results to ABPW.
6. You've followed all of JOAT's links. Twice.
5. Your pet name for your wife changed to "swimbo." You call her that, and she responds.
4. Neighbors get confused by your frequent references to Kanukistan / Kanukistanis.
3. You've considered removing Bay Area Dave from your killfile just so you can have more posts to read and get into more arguments.
2. You're considering how you can one-up the Suckmeister without taking out a second mortgage on your second mortgage.
1. You're still reading this stupid message.
(It would help if the weather would turn. I was out there when it was 20, but I'm having real trouble getting out there when it's 40 and raining. It's nappy, curl up with a good keyboard weather. Plus I have work to avoid.)

Nah, not me. I didn't get this far. Ed

<snip>
Can you add a section on Bandsaw Blade Tensioning please. I ask a simple question about fluttering and everyone writes back to tell me I'm hysterical (or mebb'e it was I need a hysterectomy.)
As soon as I get 5 minutes on the next Cabal agenda, I'm bringing this up. Right after I get past the next initiation rite: http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/8142351.htm?1c
scribbled:

Haven't you read the very second paragraph:

Ackshally, I like the idea. But don't tell anybody, OK? Stay tuned Ape 1st 2005.

LZ posts:

I don't mind registering, but I am not about to spend a half hour doing it for a tank town newspaper. Jeez, KC thinks it's still in the glory days, don't it?
Charlie Self "It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

for
it?
Sorry Charlie! {Hmmm - I *know* that tag line from someplace...} Didn't get the registration when I clicked there. I won't register for these things either!
Jokes long stale - but here's anuth'a link: http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2004/03/09/mason /

C'mon... I read it but was really sure you meant it for everyone else *but* me... :)