Re: Paralysis by Analysis -- which bandsaw?

What is the cost difference?
That aside, buy the one you want if you have the money. Laguna make an excellent BS and I know this because I own one (LT 18). I'm happy with my purchase and would do it again. I'm not familiar with the Powermatic but I didn't like the Delta one very much. I wanted something that would resaw well without a lot of fuss.
Neil
toolguy wrote:

Delta/Powermatic: $900 for the saw $100 for the mobile base + blades 0 shipping (Amazon) --------------------------- $1000 + blades (+ fence for Delta)
Laguna LT14SE: $1200 for the saw $90 for the base $100 for the mobile unit + blades $150 shipping ( a guess) --------------------------- $1540 + blades
Difference of approx $500. [snip]

I have the Delta and overall am pretty satisfied with it. I have done some resawing, but always thought it would be nice to have a 1 inch carbide tipped blade for that kind of work.
Since you have the money, I think I would get the Laguna if I were in your shoes.
Lou

Laguna have some big promotions on right at this moment. I bet if you call them you could get a deal. Free shipping is not out of the question. They were very willing to "deal" when I bought mine. No harm in trying.

The quoted me 250 to get to the east coast. Better check on that one.
IMNSHO 1" blade is not really a big deal unless you want to spend the big bucks for carbide. A 1/2" woodslices resaws just fine.
-S

X5 *Bandsaw*??????

Yep,
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyidH39
In the market for the same thing Pho so thanks for the info.
Allen

Aha!! On my wish list.
Max