Re: OT - Seattle Man Gets Two Years for eBay Fraud

etc..
thats why I use craigslist !!!!!!!!!!

My experience with craigslist (as a seller) has had a pretty good percentage of responses in the area of "I'll send you a cashiers check for a whole bunch of money, you cash it, pay the shipper, and refund the difference".
Point being, don't blame the venue for fraudulent behavior of individuals.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
On Sep 9, 9:46 pm, Tom Veatch wrote:

I agree with you in principle, but at the same time do believe that the structure of the venue isn't very helpful. To take an extreme analogy, a poorly lit street is a much more attractive venue for an assault than a brightly lit mall.

Hah! You haven't been around any of our malls lately. At least in a poorly lit street you have a greater potential for hiding. :)

Sounds like it's a good thing that I haven't been :-)

I didn't give PayPal access to my bank account. They tried to get me to give them my account number and bank, but I refused. I did however register my Visa with them and have used it several times for purchase. However, I am always nervous about PayPal when I hear the horror stories..