Re: Ok, I want one!

wrote:

I was thinking that, I actually down loaded a Sketchup drawing of a "similar" one. The problem with that one is that it is pretty much a 2 piece vs, 3 piece design. To set the kerf you adjust the length of a scew that is protruding out one end of the jig. The BridgeCity tool jig uses a 3rd more easily to quickly adjust piece that will allow quick kerf adjustments if you want to use the jig for more than one tool. I can post the Sketchup drawing if some one wants to see it. It is simular but not exactly the same mechanically.

Electronics?
"Dave Balderstone" wrote:

DUH!
Saw digital readout on caliper and thought it was part of device.
Mumble...............mumble.........
Lew

My thoughts are that I would probably want to clean the joints out with my stacked dado set. Make the left and right side cuts with the regular TS blade and then clean out the joint with the dado set. For me this would make cleaner cuts and speed hogging out the waste between the cuts if there were a bunch to make.
The problem is that the dado set would then have to be set up to match the depth of the previously made side cuts. This was done once, doing it again would be a PIA.
Solution. Because the Kerfmaker will adjust to a kerf up to 1/2" simply start with a 1/2" stacked dado set configuration for 1/2" and wider joints. Obviousely a narrower stack would be indicated for joints down to 1/4" wide. For Joints less than 1/4" wide your regular saw blade is going to fill the bill. Basically with the proper set up you should not have to make more than 2 passes to make any joint 1/8"- 1" wide.
Dave,
If you are interested there are several versions of the Kerf Maker, Kerf Master etc shown on Lumberjocks.com. Go to it and do a search for kerf and I am sure you will find one that you can make. I have a version posted there.
Regards,
Al
So Al, do you use your jig? Basically whether you were using yours ot the BridgeCity jig, do you find that you use it often? any Gotcha's to watch out for during actual use of the jig?

Dave,
I haven't used it much yet, but the only Gotcha that I am aware of is to make certain the I have the sliding piece pushed firmly against the piece that I am measuring, so I don't cut it too big.
Regards,
Al
On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 20:04:19 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Sweet tool! Me want one, too. (Damn, can't add it to Amazone wishlist 'cuz they don't sell it yet.)
That makes Shoji screen work MUCH faster and easier. (Did you see that they misspelled it as "Soji"? Oops!)
-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Probably using the same spell checker/word rearanger that I do. ;~)
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:28:28 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

I dunno. They only used one version of the word in the article. You sometimes use 3 different spellings of the same word in a 4 sentence paragraph, dude. Ach du meine gute!
I've been wondering if you start the typing while you're sober and finish it after the second sixpack, knowwhatImean,Vern? <g>
-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson
Larry Jaques wrote:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/a0/49/de5651c88da009fcdf29e110.L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
I miss that guy! :-)
--