An Affordable Dovetail Jig

I'm partial to the Akeda dovetail jig (especailly it's dust collection). I know many woodworkers swear by the Leigh, considered top of the line.

However, I just went to www.porter-cable/jigs and found the

Porter-Cable 4212 12" Dovetail Jig

It's cost only $137 at Amazon. It's smaller, less capable cousin, the

4210, is only $100.

BTW, the videos at www.porter-cable/jigs are pretty good.

Cheers!

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Hello. Anybody out there? I expected some replies -- I think this is a new dovetail jig from Porter-Cable, not the Omnijig or the 4100 series.....but I could be wrong....

Reply to
Never Enough Money

| Hello. Anybody out there? I expected some replies -- I think this | is a new dovetail jig from Porter-Cable, not the Omnijig or the 4100 | series.....but I could be wrong....

Nobody here .

I haven't tried any of the jigs in which you seem interested. I built my own and like it better than anything else I've seen.

:-)

Morris Dovey

I have the Rockler jig which is about the size of a breadbox and does about as much. I have made some nice drawers with it however. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I looked at the 4212 over the weekend at Woodcraft. I own both the 4210 and a Omnijig. This new jig looks and feels very nice.

It's also possible to do both half blind and thru dovetails with the same jig. Woodcraft was asking $165.

Never Enough M> I'm partial to the Akeda dovetail jig (especailly it's dust

Reply to
Pat Barber