RE: O/T: What's He Doing?

Was sitting at the puter the other day when for no good reason, my thoughts drifted back to a classmate who I first met in the 2nd grade.

We played at a neighbor's house which was about half way between our houses.

By the time we got to high school we had pretty much gone our separate ways.

We met again at our 25th high school reunion in 1980.

He had gone on to get a degree in geology and had just returned from the oil patch in Saudi and was headed for Tulsa, again to do something involving the oil patch.

Using Google, did a search and got several hits for his oil patch activities as well as his obituary in 2011.

So to answer my question, "What's He Doing?"

The answer is, He is finished doing.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

!
Reply to
jo4hn

I did something like that when I looked up an old high school girlfriend. Found out she'd died from cancer a year or two before I looked. Reminds you of your own mortality.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Larry Blanchard wrote in news:lf50aj$fha$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Something similar happened to SWMBO a couple years ago. She'd gone a year or so without hearing from a friend in Germany, and sent him an email titled "Lebst du noch?" ("Are you still alive?"). It bounced. Google turned up his obit from some six months previously.

Reply to
Doug Miller

At 74 I've been doing a lot of that lately. I was thinking about an old flame in west Texas from back in the 70's. Found out she died in '98. Got a really strange feeling.

I found out last week that a dear friend died back in December. That really shook me up. He was 13 years younger than me

Gray

Reply to
Gray_Wolf

Condolences. Do you happen to know the company name in Tulsa?

Reply to
William Bagwell

----------------------------------------------- Never asked him but he was a field guy.

Can't imagine he would hook up with the hardware guys like John Zink or equal.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett