RE: O/T: Pound Of Flesh

Well a jury in Boston decided they wanted a pound of flesh rather than cost effective justice and thus will start a multi year legal process that will accomplish little except the expenditure of obscene amounts of money that will line the pockets of the lawyers involved.
His execution will be little more than an anticlimactic footnote in the history of this tragedy.
The process will certainly make a martyr of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the ISIS world, definitely not a desired outcome.
Putting him in an iron cage in Colorado, out of sight, out of mind, would certainly more be less costly and far more effective.
What have you heard from the Unabomber, or the ShoeBomber lately?
Must qualify this post since having been in an execution chamber when I was still a young man may slant my outlook on capital punishment, but doubt it.
Off the stump.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖

will get those 72 virgins - or whatever.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/15/2015 9:00 PM, Baxter wrote:

[snip]

Works for me. They also want Sharia law and think we're dumbasses (and they'd be correct in many instances if only looking at our highly visible politicians<g>).
Make their day. Let him meet 72 Virginians who will then proceed to stone him to death. LOL!
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/15/2015 9:00 PM, Baxter wrote:

Oh! is it no up to 72 virgins now ??? ;~)
Add pictures here
✖

And this my friends, is how High Treason Obastard got elected and how America and the entire free West will be destroyed by the massed mediocre legions of incurious, unread and uninterested indoctrinated since birth, asshat nitwits. God help us all. Gun up, patriots.
San Diego, California
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
™JdDgglMuA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n02qgqtpRKY

Add pictures here
✖
He is going to be dead. We won't have to feed the slime or let him out of his cell. Not much cost. And it is so fitting for someone who walked up to his brother and shot him in the head. Really. I'm surprised he didn't shoot himself right after. But he hid in a boat.
Martin
On 5/15/2015 7:29 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On 5/15/2015 7:29 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

He is guilty and because no one suspected him of being a murderer before his cowardly act, he is unpredictable, and therefore not salvageable. A bullet to his head now, is the simplest and best solution.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 15 May 2015 17:29:57 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

That's a problem in our legal system, not an indictment of capital punishment.

I suspect that if he were put in the general prison population he wouldn't live long anyway.
Personally, I believe in punishment that fits the crime. Execution by lethal injection is much too good for him. Strapping him to a pressure cooker bomb might be more fitting.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/16/2015 11:40 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

+1
Having witnessed an execution by lethal injection, it's WAY too good for them. Basically the only difference between putting him down that way and putting him under for heart surgery is that they don't want him coming back. Not so much as a twitch. We heard a sigh and he was gone. It certainly did not fit the crime (three dead due to poisoning by heavy metal, and a 4th who survived.)
Screw 'em!
Add pictures here
✖
What all of you are concurring on is the brokenness of the US legal system. Too bad he did not face Judge Roy Bean. (or even better, Black Jack Pershing of Urban Legend)
Deb
Add pictures here
✖