Re: ### micro-FAQ on wood # 039

You claim that the hardest softwood is harder than the hardest hardwood. I find that hard to believe. Details please.

Reread this sentence: :The hardest hardwood is some three times as hard :as the hardest softwood, but the hardest softwood is some four times as hard :as the softest hardwood.
I don't think you are paraphrasing him correctly.

"That's completely different. Never mind." Emily Litella