RE: MDF Availability

Recently, there were comments about lack of availability of MDF around the US.
Talked to my customer today and they are only operating 5 days/week rather than the normal 24/7.
Competitors have shut down a plant in the US and another in Canada.
The weak US$ is keeping off shore suppliers out of the US market.
My customer's comment, "If anybody needs MDF, let me know so that I can let sales dept know."
Looks like things are slowing down big time, unless of course you depend on the "oil patch" which at $100/bbl is going strong, at least for now.
Lew .
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Are you talking about Great Lakes MDF in Buffalo, NY?
Here's an article"
http://www.buffalonews.com/businesstoday/localbusiness/story/254632.html
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
"Nova" wrote:

Thought it was Lackawana, but close enuf.
Lew
I just bought 4 sheets at HD tonight. They had a full stack on the shelf and another stack on the top shelf. Maybe it's a regional shortage??