RE: MDF Availability

Recently, there were comments about lack of availability of MDF around the US.

Talked to my customer today and they are only operating 5 days/week rather than the normal 24/7.

Competitors have shut down a plant in the US and another in Canada.

The weak US$ is keeping off shore suppliers out of the US market.

My customer's comment, "If anybody needs MDF, let me know so that I can let sales dept know."

Looks like things are slowing down big time, unless of course you depend on the "oil patch" which at $100/bbl is going strong, at least for now.

Lew .

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Are you talking about Great Lakes MDF in Buffalo, NY?

Here's an article"

Nova

I just bought 4 sheets at HD tonight. They had a full stack on the shelf and another stack on the top shelf. Maybe it's a regional shortage??

Reply to
dcamron71

Thought it was Lackawana, but close enuf.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett