Re: Joining end-grain

pixelated:

Whaddya mean the wood's too good for your American brethren? ;)

Take a look at Doug's bench and see if you have the same balls, boy. Beautiful wood is beautiful any way it's used, short of painting or otherwise Minwhackin' it. I think it's beautiful. Go for it! Jarrah is easily TOUGH enough for a top. Give 'er Janka legs.
a modest, impromptu, little walnut-topped bench:
http://www.dougstowe.com/bench/workbench1.jpg
http://www.dougstowe.com/bench/workbench2.jpg
http://www.dougstowe.com/bench/workbench3.jpg
and a shimple sctool: http://www.dougstowe.com/furniture/eye_chair.htm

If you want to end-join 'em, mount them to a plywood backing first. Otherwise, the first time you whacked the bench, the top would cave, slicker'na greased pig on fire. As are round dog holes with cast arn holdfasts and/or Veritas Wonder Pups.

I love the $6 worth of tools which line the fancy pegboard back, Grogs. And isn't that vise a bit precarious and unsteady when it's used in that particular position, Sport?

Isn't that a brand of Aussie decaf coffee?
- The only reason I would take up exercising is || http://diversify.com so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:59:22 GMT, Larry Jaques

Jummy might take offence to that one L.J.
snip

i thought that was a game with many rectangular blocks of wood built into a tower,,,then removed one by one...
*ouch*
LOML was standin behind me, and "gently" informed me that game is called "Jenga"
go figure
Traves *G*
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:41:31 -0500, Traves W. Coppock

As well he should, the little MinHo. (Dya think that new nick will replace "Jummy" as nick?)

Judging by the description you gave, I might have called it "Yanka, the Friendly 'Murrican Game".