Re: Hand Planing Heresy?

Thanks guys for the serious and not-so-serious answers. I laughed my tail off and got some educational feedback.
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:46:16 -0700, "Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A."

Agate isn't all that hard - and it's very variable. I have gilding burnishers with hard agate tips, and I've also use dyed agate slices to make knife scales. You can shape the soft forms with silicon carbide abrasives.