Re: FS Shameless plug - SE Wisconsin Tool Sale (PORTRORSSOTC)

Except that Schmall will be there only in spirit, as he will be vacationing in spectacular western Illinois and Iowa.
> (3) tmKB
Dammit, you can't trademark a word, dammit.
Grumble.
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:58:30 +0000, Bob Schmall wrote:

Wait a minute while I grab a Kleenex to wipe the Folger's off my Xerox.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"

Thanks!
We're flying into General Mitchell on the 18th to see my family. Since I'm not allowed to make any decisions about the agenda, I'm sure I won't be there. But at least while I'll delude myself into thinking that I *could* visit if the stars and planets align.
Heck - I'm mailing back Usinger brats anyway - so what's the big deal if I box up a RAS too, right?
family.net says...

Where is your family located? Perhaps we can setup a PORTRORSSOTC shuttle service for you, and for others flying in for the big event?
:-)
Resto Rick

That far-north suburb of Chicago - Lake Geneva.

Wowser's - yoose guys go first class! Ya think the shuttle could let us out at the Schiltz plant for a quick tour, right? I mean, it's still there - right? :)
patrick conroy wrote:

Ahhh, yeah, it's still there. At least parts of it. Come to think of it, well, the ground is still there.
UA100, who thinks one of the bigger shames in life was tearing down the Schlitz complex...
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:22:38 +0000, Unisaw A100 wrote:

...and lots of folks out west feel the same at the demise of the Oly Brewery complex in Olympia, WA :-(
Personally, I liked Rainier (long gone) better, but my FIL (also long gone) worked in the Oly facility for 35 years. Sure do miss those "short" tours and the FIL.
-Doug
--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
then you and I will still each have one apple.

I think I was an early teenager when I went with Dad on some sort of business call to the plant. I recall walking through the cafeteria - and seeing cases on both the East and West ends of the beanery.
The ones to the East were full, the ones to the West were for the empties. I think I asked - and was told it was OK for the crew to have "a beer" over lunch.
Over the years, I've ruminated on this and am puzzled, not by the obvious since my visit predated OSHA, but over refrigeration. I don't recall seeing any beer in a fridge. I guess they were willing to drink it warm.
Snip>

TeamCasa wrote:

<snip>

That near my stompin ground, where?