Re: FS Shameless plug - SE Wisconsin Tool Sale (PORTRORSSOTC)

Folks,

> > Apologies in advance if you don't like FS posts on the Hard Wreck, but > if you are in SE Wisconsin on Saturday the 18th, you'll thank me for it. > > The Mahwahkee Ten is hosting the first ever PORTRORSSOTC (1) sale. > Since many of us are old arn heads, you can surmise that a lot of the > tools will be lovingly used and have a certain special patina to them, > and include manufacturers such as Delta, King Seeley, Darra James, and > Tannewitz. There are even a couple of newer machines by Jet and > Powermatic that'll tickle the fancy of any wooddorker. > > There will be lots of tools and parts, and good weather is promised by > our local weather jocks too (which means absolutely nothing if you know > anything about Wisconsin weather, so wear shorts and tee-shirts but pack > the flannel, wool, and Thinsulate just in case). > > Date: September 18th, 2004 (snow or shine) > Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm (no early birds - there are large dogs to ward > them away) > Location: New Berlin, WI (about 20 minutes SW of downtown MKE) > > I will post a complete list of machines and parts sometime tonight or > tomorrow AM, and should have digi-pics of the good stuff on a web page > by the same time. The actual address of the location will be posted > Friday afternoon so the outta-towners can fire up Mapquest in time. > > If you're in the market for a table saw, RAS, jointer, sander, or spare > parts, this is the place to be this weekend. There is even a beautiful > 1995 Chevy Z71 available for sale if you need something to haul your > haul home in! (2) > > Even if you're not in the market for anything, stop down, introduce > yourself, and swap wRECk or OWWM stories. Celebrity appearances by > Keeter (Unisaw A100), Bob Schmall, Neener Dean Gebhardt, David (low > pressure front) Charnon, and Toe-Knee are on hand throughout the day.

Except that Schmall will be there only in spirit, as he will be vacationing in spectacular western Illinois and Iowa.

(3) tmKB

Dammit, you can't trademark a word, dammit.

Grumble.

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Wait a minute while I grab a Kleenex to wipe the Folger's off my Xerox.

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

We're flying into General Mitchell on the 18th to see my family. Since I'm not allowed to make any decisions about the agenda, I'm sure I won't be there. But at least while I'll delude myself into thinking that I *could* visit if the stars and planets align.

Heck - I'm mailing back Usinger brats anyway - so what's the big deal if I box up a RAS too, right?

Reply to
patrick conroy

Patrick,

Where is your family located? Perhaps we can setup a PORTRORSSOTC shuttle service for you, and for others flying in for the big event?

:-)

Resto Rick

Reply to
Rick Chamberlain

Snip>

vacationing

Dave will be in Hawaii! Mahalo! I'll send a picture to John!

Reply to
TeamCasa

That near my stompin ground, where?

Reply to
Eric Johnson

gloom.

Reply to
jo4hn

That far-north suburb of Chicago - Lake Geneva.

Wowser's - yoose guys go first class! Ya think the shuttle could let us out at the Schiltz plant for a quick tour, right? I mean, it's still there - right? :)

Reply to
patrick conroy

Ahhh, yeah, it's still there. At least parts of it. Come to think of it, well, the ground is still there.

UA100, who thinks one of the bigger shames in life was tearing down the Schlitz complex...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

...and lots of folks out west feel the same at the demise of the Oly Brewery complex in Olympia, WA :-(

Personally, I liked Rainier (long gone) better, but my FIL (also long gone) worked in the Oly facility for 35 years. Sure do miss those "short" tours and the FIL.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I think I was an early teenager when I went with Dad on some sort of business call to the plant. I recall walking through the cafeteria - and seeing cases on both the East and West ends of the beanery.

The ones to the East were full, the ones to the West were for the empties. I think I asked - and was told it was OK for the crew to have "a beer" over lunch.

Over the years, I've ruminated on this and am puzzled, not by the obvious since my visit predated OSHA, but over refrigeration. I don't recall seeing any beer in a fridge. I guess they were willing to drink it warm.

Reply to
patrick conroy