Re: French Windows - Draught and Weather sealing by design ?

Nicholas,

I'll assume that by French windows you mean the same as French door ?

I'm in the process of refurbishing a set of French doors. Completely rebuilding two sets so that they can be used in a 5-1/4" wide wall (vs. std

4-1/2"). Making all new hardwood frames and thresholds and went looking for seals also. Found the borg (HD) carries some vinyl-clad foam seals (V-fold) that have a tail on them that slides into a 1/8" groove and stays snug. Is it the best - I doubt that but it appears to be what is used on most French door sets I've seen. The sets I'm rebuilding will have a center pillar and I can use the same type of seal on all 3 edges (top and sides). If yours does not have a center jam - then you will need a different type of seal for the edges where the two doors meet.

Reply to
Bob S.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:23:59 GMT, "Bob S." pixelated:

Bbbut I thought ALL windows were non-combative...

---------------------------------------------- Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps

Reply to
Larry Jaques