Re Fixing the yoke on a Jack Plane

The yoke (not the tote) can be broken by trying to close the gap between the yoke and blade depth adjusting screw via bending the Y portion of the yoke to reduce slop. Patrick Leach (http://www.supertool.com ) says NOT to do this. I have driven out the yoke mounting pin by pre-driling and the extracting (used up 4 drill bits, they kept snapping off). Given that one can purchase a #5 frog for <$10 I would opt for that repair route. Its not worth the headache of replacing the toke.
Scot